The Hawaii Society of Professional Engineers (HSPE) welcomes you to our website. HSPE was incorporated and approved in June 1961.
Our state society is comprised of four chapters: Honolulu Chapter, Big Island Chapter, Kona-Kohala Chapter, and Maui Chapter.
HSPE's purpose is to:
- To advance public welfare.
- To unite all professional engineers of the State in one organization.
- To advance the professional, the social, and the economic interests of the professional engineer.
- To advance and protect the interests of the engineer-in-training.
- To promote high standards of engineering education.
- To consider legislation affecting the profession.
- To improve public relations and to cultivate public appreciation of the work of the professional engineer.
- To develop civic consciousness of the members of the engineering profession.
- To establish and maintain high ethical engineering standards and practices.